Senior Terrain Environment Artist, Starbreeze
We?re in the lookout for an outstanding Senior Environment Artist specialized in real time landscape and terrain creation. The right candidate will be able to create natural landscapes from scratch to high end fully functional real time, and will be familiar with terrain creation suites such as World Machine and Houdini Terrain Tools. Knowledge of Unreal Engine is a plus.
As an Senior Terrain Environment Artist you will enjoy artistic ownership of gameplay levels, pushing your aesthetic and technical skills to the fullest. Your interest lies foremost with creating believable, realistic worlds. You thrive in an environment where you continually use your ability to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
You have shipped at least one AAA game as Environment Terrain Artist. You have a good understanding of compositing and terrain navigation principles, and be able to communicate them efficiently. You have a proven and good sense of background story telling. You will be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Planning, modelling, sculpting, texturing and shading realistic real-time terrains. Work alongside level artist to blend seamlessly buildings and human made structures to natural landscape.
- With an artistic eye create dramatic yet easy read natural looking landmarks, terrain features as well as backdrops
- Keenly iterate our terrain pipeline R&D in regard to landscape, mentor and guide others in supporting roles.
- Seek for and welcome feedback from Art Leads and Directors.
- Maintain coherent art style within locations and continuity between different maps.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Expertise in Maya, Max -or equivalent- Photoshop and either ZBrush or Mudbox is required. The candidate should be open to grasp new workflows and learn new software quickly.
- Expertise in World Machine, Vue, Houdini terrain tools or similar.
- A proficiency at sculpting natural landscapes of diverse type and formation.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine or other real time engines.
- A good knowledge of current cutting-edge industry shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills. Excellent English both spoken and written is required.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and pick up new tasks quickly if project requires.
- Ability to mentor and direct other artists in a proactive and positive manner.
Your portfolio must be provided through a website. Be sure to showcase your very best, relevant to the position you're applying to. We want to be wowed by your artistic and technical skills.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can?t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.