Senior Backend Developer, PHP, Centra
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our visionary team of developers on our quest to drive technical innovation and lead the evolution of ecommerce. We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located Wroclaw, Poland and Stockholm, Sweden. The team member we are searching for needs a prolific skillset and an eagerness to grow, learn and solve problems as a team.
You will be an influential key player in backend operations on our all-in-one, data driven commerce platform for B2B and B2C. Our vision is to help fashion and high-touch brands make a bigger impact by giving them the tools to serve the world from one powerful platform.
Our core business logic is written in PHP, so a solid knowledge of this language is needed. Besides PHP, we also use Golang, Elixir and Node.jsfor some services, so solid experience with one of those languages is a big plus.
You probably have an academic degree in computer science or a related topic and at least 5 years of experience developing complex software products. You're a solid coach, with a track record of developing the skills of junior colleagues. You're able to effectively analyze architecture options, identifying pros and cons, and discussing them with others. You are able to communicate efficiently in writing and in meetings with both technical and business colleagues.
At Centra, we work hard, fast and are passionate about what we do. We have a lot of fun together during and outside of work.We've gotten to where we are today because of dedication, teamwork, raw talent and our strong belief in driving innovation.
English is our working language, so you need to be a fluent English speaker.
We are looking for developers who want to:
- Think holistically about delivering value by helping us improve all layers of our stack
- Refactor, modernize and improve our extensive existing code base and architecture
- Develop new products and features (we have very big plans!)
- Help evolve our technology, methodologies, tools and best practices
- Actively participate in planning, design, implementation and delivery mission-critical ecommerce for some of the hottest brands out there
- Produce and maintain a clean, well-tested, high quality and standard-compliant code
- Participate in and evolve our agile development process (Scrum)
- Stay current in their fields through researching new technologies, side projects, and/or participation in developer communities, etc.
Our current stack:
- PHP 7 / PHP 5.6 (waiting to be upgraded)
- Node.js, React, Redux
- MariaDB / MySQL, Nginx, Ubuntu
- AWS and Digital Ocean
- Git and Github
- REST and GraphQL APIs
What you can expect from us
- Flexible, unique, informal atmosphere with lots of positive vibes
- The opportunity to develop your skills by working on innovative projects
- Support from experienced and helpful co-workers and the freedom to create
- Attractive salary based on your skills, experience and potential
- Working with your choice of equipment
- A budget to participate in educational programs, conferences and meet-ups
- Beautiful office locations in a marina on a green island in the center of Stockholm and in the city center of Wroclaw, Poland (and the opportunity to visit both locations)
- We've developed a B2B/B2C SaaS e-commerce platform for brands. In other words, we make a software used for selling products, both wholesale and directly to consumers
- We're building our company and our products with the ambition to be the very best in the world. We are already working with some of the strongest brands in the Nordics, and are growing rapidly
- We're have offices inStockholm, Sweden and Wroclaw, Poland