App Developer, Schibsted Products & Technology AS
What you will be working on
As an app developer at the Schibsted Fintech team you will be working on a brand new, highly visible iPhone/Android App that we are building.
We write maintainable and clear code that is testable, and we use code reviews to ensure we make it right while positioning ourselves ahead of the curve. We focus on writing readable code with separated concerns and strive towards building highly scalable products.
Our Apps are built native or in Flutter, for both iPhone and Android. This specific App that you will be working on will be built in Flutter. Ideally you are already experienced in Flutter, but if you have experience from building Apps in other languages, and willing to learn Flutter, that is of interest too.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a new colleague who is creative and pragmatic. At Schibsted Fintech we enjoy working with others, both inside and outside our own competence and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues. Developing a product like this is a team effort and caring for each other is one of the core values of our company.
We also encourage curiosity. Learning new things, sharing our findings with others, and being generous with feedback and support.
A relevant education and experience from App development will all be important factors when we consider candidates. However, we consider attitude, drive and interest to be just as important. So if you love App development and feel that you want to join our team, we want to hear from you.
- Experience in App development - either with iOS, Android, React Native and/or Flutter
- Eager to learn new technologies and programming skills
- Comfortable in English (we are an international team)
- Knowledge of iOS and/or Android design guidelines
Who you will be working with
Our team at Schibsted Fintech is a small cross-functional team consisting of developers, product managers and product designers. This is the team that you will be a part of and in this team we work agile and in a fast pace.
- A competitive compensation package
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension and give you extra Schibsted shares for free if you join our share saving plan
- 30 days of paid leave
- Be a part of the biggest media house company in the Nordic with endless possibilities
- Awesome office location, central of Stockholm
- Room for you to do things your way
- Lots of things you can learn through our Schibsted Learning Lab & skilled sparring partners
- We like to encourage your passion by giving you the opportunity to join events and conferences
- Two hack days per year
- Weekly training hour
- Super central location with awesome rooftop
- Extra paid parental leave
- 4 000 SEK health promotion allowance
- Company pension (ITP plan)
- Share saving & matching plan (ESSP)
- Schibsted LearningLab
Schibsted is an international media group with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.
What we do
Our corporate social responsibility is closely linked to our mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”, our values and our core business. We believe that we, together with our users, can contribute to a more sustainable society in what we do every day.
- We empower people by providing transparent and secure marketplaces.
- We empower them by creating services that provide them with better deals.
- We empower them by defending freedom of the press and editorial integrity.
Connecting millions of buyers and sellers every month, we provide leading online marketplaces in the Nordics.
Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se help people buy and sell new and old things.
Within Next we drive growth and create value for Schibsted’s customers and users. Our four areas Growth, Financial Services, Next Media and Distribution, will secure that innovation prevails as part of Schibsted’s DNA.
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today – and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.