Head of Business Intelligence, Schibsted Products & Technology AS
Here’s your opportunity to work with data at proper scale!
Analytics is about connecting people to data. In Schibsted Analytics we want to do exactly that.Our vision is to “Enable all the people in Schibsted to leverage any data in Schibsted” and we will head towards that vision by removing frictions between data and people throughout the 80+ Brands that make up Schibsted.
Every day across all our brands, and in our central functions, our colleagues interact with the tools and systems that are at the core of our ability to do business. Large quantities of data related to finance, operations, HR, CRM, products and many other areas are generated every data. The Business Intelligence team builds highly accessible and interconnected datasets spanning our foundational business domains allowing the people that drive our business to make data informed decisions and strategies.
As Head of Business Intelligence you will lead and develop an agile high performing centralized BI team. The team leverages modern cloud solutions towards making common data domains highly available across Schibsted. You will interact with both central and local business stakeholders, Insights teams, engineers and system owners in order to discover and prioritize data domains to be added to the Common Data Warehouse. The role is central to our data accessibility efforts and a key contributor to realizing the Schibsted Data Strategy.
The Role will report directly to the Director of Analytics and be part of the Schibsted Analytics leadership team. You will be expected to contribute both strategically and cross-functionally in that context, but also tactically and operationally in the team employing agile approaches while balancing data model coherency. A strong collaborative 360 approach balancing complexity and pragmatism will be required.
- Develop and lead a modern, high performing and people oriented data engineering and visualisation team
- Ensure privacy and legal requirements are met in everything the BI team does
- Provide accessible, appealing, user oriented and self served data access for everyone from Executive to data scientist
- Drive data model coherency and interconnectedness across the Schibsted Common Data Warehouse
- Ensure a service minded team culture that promotes data-driven decisions backed by solid business understanding and collaborative approaches
- Continuously improve and maintain the technical architecture, capabilities, best practices and way of working for Business Intelligence
- Proactively and reactively ensure excellent data quality in collaboration with Data Quality Managers
- Communicate and market the BI offering internally and build our employer brand within the data space externally
- Be a key Stakeholder and driver for master data management within the BI scope
- Contribute as a senior member of the Schibsted Analytics leads team
Who you are
- Experienced Business Intelligence manager with a forward leaning stance towards leveraging new technology to provide awesome data experiences
- Emphatic but decisive leader highly adept at prioritizing and focusing efforts under pressure while being able to balance short and long term goals
- Engaging communicator with the ability to clearly provide the two way narrative bridge between data and business
- Able to operate comfortably in an agile large scale corporate environment
- Have a strong sense of empathy towards users of data, be it by way of dashboard or SQL
- Have a strategic mindset and a natural ability to translate into tactics
- Take a structured, pragmatic and proactive approach to your workday
- Master's degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Economics or a related field) is a definitive advantage
- English language written and spoken fluency is required
- Permanent residence in Sweden or Schengen area citizenship is required.
- Swedish/Norwegian proficiency is a significant plus
Schibsted is an international media group with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.
What we do
Our corporate social responsibility is closely linked to our mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”, our values and our core business. We believe that we, together with our users, can contribute to a more sustainable society in what we do every day.
- We empower people by providing transparent and secure marketplaces.
- We empower them by creating services that provide them with better deals.
- We empower them by defending freedom of the press and editorial integrity.
Connecting millions of buyers and sellers every month, we provide leading online marketplaces in the Nordics.
Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se help people buy and sell new and old things.
Within Next we drive growth and create value for Schibsted’s customers and users. Our four areas Growth, Financial Services, Next Media and Distribution, will secure that innovation prevails as part of Schibsted’s DNA.
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today – and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.